Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
London, United Kingdom
As part of the Business Development Unit, you will lead on the attraction, identification and selection of candidates to fill short and long-term positions on international development projects, both current and prospective. You will support and advise the bid teams on how to best construct their teams and present them to the client including drafting of team sections and CVs for bids and active projects. Coffey’s recruitment methodologies are constantly evolving to reflect client and industry needs. The successful candidate must have a desire to innovate, keep abreast of market trends and introduce new methods for candidate assessment, selection and relationship management. It is an exciting opportunity for anyone with a business development mindset who is looking to thrive within a friendly and dynamic team. You will advise of strategic recruitment and develop and maintain expert networks and relationships with Coffey associates.
- Work in partnership with all departments in Coffey to determine staffing needs, candidate matches and demands of positions to form the most effective teams with strong relevant expertise while ensuring value for money for international development projects.
- Work with Coffey teams around the world to identify and attract local candidates for key project positions.
- Expand Coffey’s network of consultants and advisers in target sectors and countries.
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with leading international development consultants and consequently maintain up-to-date consultant records in the organisation’s consultant/recruitment database.
- Provide input, offer guidance and apply expertise for strategies to streamline systems for effectiveness and efficiency in recruitment processes.
- Design and facilitate candidate assessments (including competency behavioural based interviews and phone screens, technical exercises and presentation exercises).
- Conduct tailored searches for specialist consultants who are critical to meeting our client’s requirements on bids and actively implemented programmes.
- Serve as one of the Coffey Europe representatives on the US-based Tetra Tech International Development Services Recruitment Committee.
- Serve as a mentor to all staff having partial or full recruitment responsibilities on best practices in bid and field recruitment; including sourcing and tracking candidates, negotiating salaries, and providing an outstanding candidate experience during the recruitment and hiring cycle.
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge in the recruitment discipline and international development by attending workshops, recruitment events, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Use social media to advertise positions, attract and build relationships with candidates.
- Develop and deliver trainings to Coffey teams across Coffey offices on compliant international recruitment best practices.
- Support the costing manager with the development of benchmarks on consultant rates.
- Negotiate fee rates for all consultants to ensure the client obtains good value for money.
- At least five years prior experience in the provision of recruitment services.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and networking/influencing skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced user of recruitment databases and social media platforms.
- Excellent communicator utilising all communications channels.
- Enthusiastic and interested in international development issues.
- Willingness to travel to other permanent offices of the business and to project locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven, articulate, confident and enthusiastic.
- Interpersonal skills and an eye for detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of popular job boards and social media sites (LinkedIn).
- Understanding the recruitment process (preferably within a fast-paced environment).
- Working knowledge of Boolean searches (X-Ray search knowledge desirable).
- Experience of working with an ATS system.
- Experience of working with international teams.
- Previous experience of recruitment in an international context, preferably in international development and/or on projects implemented in developing countries.
Applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK to apply for this position.
No employer visa sponsorship will be offered.